← Back to Project Hail Mary discussions
Cover of Project Hail Mary
Book Discussion
Project Hail Mary
by Andy Weir
general Full-book spoilers

What are your thoughts on Ryland Grace was forced onto the suicide mission against his will.

Charles Carter
Started Jul 29, 2026
Reveal full-book discussion
If that happened to me, I'd want to strangle Eva for drugging me and throwing me into a deep-space suicide booth. But God help me, there is a sick, twisted part of my ego that looks at the ruins of Earth and thinks, 'Wow, they literally couldn't save the world without me.' I am completely furious that my life was stolen, but deeply smug that I am apparently humanity's absolute best shot."
4 replies 3 participants Active Sep 01, 2026

Replies (4)

Sample User Aug 31, 2026
Man, I was kind shocked by it in the book, but the movie just glossed over it.